Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My failure to get comments

So, in repsonse to our assignment, where I wrote a blog with the attempt to get as many comments as possible, I failed miserably. I got zero comments. Not a single comment. I didn't want to write something I didn't actually agree with, in case people actually saw it, and because I figured I would promote it to my friends. I decided to write a piece about the local music scene, asking peoples opinions. I assumed that people I know in the local music scene would be interested, instead of putting my faith in my classmates taking an interest in whatever I wrote about. I put it up, posted a bulletin on my myspace, and I expected my 400something myspace friends to comment. I tend to get response to pretty much every bulletin I post on myspace, so when no one commented, or even messaged me, I was marginally surprised. I mentioned to my best friend to check it out, and to another friend, who I'm sure had something to say. They didn't even comment. I think my friends think that blogs are lame. From Scott's suggestion I posted bulletin on the Local Buzz bulletin board on Masslive.com. I guess I was supposed to post on Soundsomething, but I misunderstood. I was going to post a bulletin on my old bands myspace, which still has something like 16,000 friends, but I was a little embarassed for all of my former fans to see that this blog was being ignored. That's also why I didn't post again on myspace, coupled with the fact that I try to keep my bulletins to a minimum, so I'm not annoying. Also, I feel like posting on my old band's myspace, should be used only for something that is applicable to the fans. So, I failed to get any comments. I commented on some of my classmates blogs, thinking they may check mine out, but they probably didn't. Back to the grind.

No comments: